Monday, July 11, 2016

Sydney 2016

 

Its taken me a while to get organised enough to write this post. I had a great time in Sydney at Quilt NSW, made even more special by winning 1st Place in my category – Professional Traditional. Special thanks to Expertise Events for my great prize!

It was a wonderful show, with so much variety to choose from with the merchants. The quilt exhibition was fantastic with over 390 quilts on display, and 90 awards given.

There were also 12 different Guild exhibitors ranging from Knitters, Doll collectors, Lace makers, Decoupage, Calligraphers, Handweavers & Spinners etc.

Best of Show

Whizz Bang!

Rachaeldaisy

Statement: My exploration of folded point blocks such as Pine Burr, Somerset Star,Pointed Star and an old Chinese folk quilt have resulted in a sampler that is a whizz bang explosion of colour, form and fun!

IMG_1712IMG_1713IMG_1714IMG_1715

 

Below are a few of the lovely quilts that caught my eye. Unfortunately I didn’t get the names of all the quilters.

IMG_1694

IMG_1696IMG_1697IMG_1698

IMG_1683IMG_1685

IMG_1645

IMG_1647

IMG_1649

IMG_1648

IMG_1656IMG_1657IMG_1653

IMG_1674

IMG_1675

 

IMG_1659

IMG_1660

 

IMG_1668

IMG_1669

IMG_1655

IMG_1670

 

IMG_1671

A Hoop Display

For the first time ever, a display of Quilt Hoops showcasing a diverse array of Quilt styles. The hoops were hanging from nylon strings, and waved and turned in the breeze. They were double sided. They certainly drew the crowds.

IMG_1744

IMG_1737IMG_1738IMG_1739IMG_1740IMG_1741IMG_1742IMG_1743

And last but not least My Nearly Insane Journey won 1st place in the Professional Traditional class.

IMG_1663-1

Thanks for dropping by

My signature 3DB53C2AE8E4EAFAC737E65CFF71863F

9 comments:

Leeanne said...

You have done so well with your quilts! Thanks for sharing some of the others, they are beautiful, some magic quilting......my eye always seems to see the quilting first then the quilt!

Julie said...

Congratulation on your fabulous result. Love the Pickle Fish and Whizz Bang quilts.

Frances Meredith said...

Nice job!

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Congratulations Sue. Well deserved :)

Marlene said...

Congratulations. What wonderful quilts you have shared, thank you.

Barb said...

congratulations! Your DJ is lovely.
thanks for sharing these amazing quilts!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations again. Your Dear Jane was beautiful in every way. I can help out with some of the quilters names. The red and white strippy quilt with the amazing quilting is by Karen Terrens. She was last years Sydney Best in Show winner. Her quilts are outstanding. You can see more of her work at Quilts On Bastings blog. The pink and citrus lone star quilt is by Catherine Butterworth.

Raewyn said...

Congratulations on your further success!! It looks like you had a great time!!

FlourishingPalms said...

Congratulations once again, Sue! This is absolutely fabulous! I hope you won something wonderful that you can USE. (Not another sewing machine... but how awful is it that I think you should be picky about what you win?! :-)) That Sydney show is always very special, and I wish I could attend sometime. I was smiling as I looked at your pictures because I immediately recognize Chris Jurd's work. Something about it - mishmash of fabrics? - is so distinctive. Hope you had a great time attending the show, and have been able to fight off the paparazzi since returning home! :-)